Horse Grooming Services Cocoa FL
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, House Sitting, Behavior Modification, Errand Service, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Dog Training, Grooming, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Hi! We offer quality dog grooming services at VERY affordable prices. For example, our nail trims are only $6.00! We are dedicated to customer satisfaction and will always try to make you, the pet owner, as happy as possible. Call to make an appointment, you will be glad that you did!!
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Merritt Island, FL
Luxurious pet grooming in a clean, beautiful, quiet, calming spa environment. Certified organic shampoos; aromatherapy; nail polish
Offers Mobile/House Call Grooming, Grooms most/all breeds of Dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery
Pet Resort & Suites provides professional grooming services for dogs and cats, boarding and day care services for dogs, cats and exotics. We are open to the public Monday through Saturday and offer convenient boarding pick-up and drop-off hours on Sundays.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
All breeds of dogs and cats are welcome Owner Operated 25 yrs experience organic and hypo allgenic shampoos and flea control. Holistic dog foods and treats full ine of dog supplies gift cards
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services
Our owner and Groomer Vickie Delaney has over 20 years experience. She has been in business in the Brevard County area for 11 years and is veterinarian recommended. She loves what she does and strives to give the customer the safest and best grooming possible, without keeping your pet all day! Hours are Tues-Friday 8am-4pm Saturday 8am-1pm
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services
We are a newly renovated shop that offers full service grooming for all breeds. The dogs are allowed a crate free environment before and after groom. Fresh water, beds and toys are available for all dogs. We have a wonderful SPA line to enhance the grooming experience. Our shop also has two groomers that service cat grooming. We are open Tues- Sat from 7am- 6Pm and Sundays from 9 AM- 4PM.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Vet Referred
Merritt Island, FL
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
FL Equine Law
Under Florida law, an equine sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities. (Sign posting required.)