Horse Grooming Services Conroe TX
Specialty Pet Products, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, House Sitting, Errand Service, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Boutique and Barkery now open. Owner operated for 17 years. 36 years experience. All staff members are highly qualified in all breed grooming (cats & dogs)and specializing in hand scissoring. Brenda's knowledge of animal behavior and her gentle touch will put even the most nervous and anxious pet at ease. Certified in Animal First Aid and Animal CPR. Salon focuses on a stress free, controlled, cageless environment making for an "enjoyable and relaxing Day at the Spa". No tranquilizers used,
We are a full service salon offering all breed grooming in a gentle, clean, friendly envoirment. Our services include aromatherapy shampoos, facials, and paw-dicures plus much more. Appointments available Monday-Thursday and Saturday.
We offer a complete facility boarding, grooming, day care and training. Located on 7 beautiful acres.
Located 5 minutes east of The Woodlands mall is a quiet, cage free, tranquilizer free & noisy dryer free grooming business. Dont sit at the groomers all day waiting, Pet is bathed, dried and groomed all in one go. While your pet is waiting to be picked up they can lounge around the house and enjoy some nice water and treats
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services
Fee-Fee's Dog Grooming is a wonderful place to bring your pet. We specialize in hand scissoring, and offer the Hydro-Surge bathing system.
Serving the Tomball/Magnlia/The Woodlands areas. I will come to your home. I can groom all dog breeds. Cats are also welcome.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services
K9 Social Club offers pet grooming,boarding,training and daycare services. Groomer Vickie Bartley has 29 yrs experience in the pet industry. We believe communication is the key to having your pet look exactly like you want at pick up.Hand dried scissor finished. All breeds welcome. Personalized care for you and your pet.
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...