Horse Grooming Services Fenton MI
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Errand Service, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Grooming, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Our experienced staff are committed to the health and welfare of your pets.Specializing in hand scissoring.We only use all natural products. We have over 18 years experience in the industry. We are a full service salon.Pick-up and delivery available. Open Monday - Saturday.
I am a full service mobile groomer with over 25 years of experience of pet and show grooming. We only use the finest botanical all natural shampoos. Small and medimum size breeds only--Sorry NO cats.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Livestock Grooming services, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
White Lake, MI
A full service salon and spa offering dog grooming and grooming rehabilitation by a compassionate, skilled professional. Pets are treated like our own; with love, caring, and respect. Our groomer, Amanda Oswald, is a top graduate of Animal Arts Academy and has been grooming show dogs and companions for over a decade. Open Monday-Friday.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Grooming for dogs and cats.
Grand Blanc, MI
Owner/groomer, A. Thompson, has years of experience grooming dogs and cats. The salon has as modern equipment and uses all natural shampoos and conditoners, matched to your pets needs. We strive to provide a pleasant, high quality grooming experience and can offer basic guidelines for the feeding, at home maintenance and training of your pet. A vet is on the premises for your convienence.
We are a home based dog and cat grooming business with over 6 years of experience grooming cats and dogs. Your pets will recieve great care and love while at Kathy's Pet Grooming. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Open Monday-Friday and every other Saturday. For an appointment, please call us at (989) 288-2682.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Vet Referred
White Lake, MI
11 years experience has our groomer Micki. she is dedicated to bringer her costumers dog and cat alike, the cleanest, safest, and most tranquil environment available to her. All shampoos and cleaning products are all natural and all things that are provided, are provided with love and care!!
Hometown grooming in Davison Michigan! Complete, affordable grooming for all pets. Free cuddles and kisses to each animal customer! Senior discounts and pick-up/delivery if needed. Call for an appointment 658-8613!! Some evenings available. FUR-urminator Shed Less provider also!
All Breed Dog Grooming, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog Grooming Services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
MI Equine Law
Under the Michigan equine activity liability act, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in an equine activity resulting from the inherent risk of the equine activity. (Sign posting required.)