Horse Grooming Services Gadsden AL
Margie Dunn is a Master Groomer with over 25 years of experience in the Grooming and Show Grooming Fields. She and her staff are committed pet lovers who endeavor to provide a friendly, enjoyable environment which will cater to all of your dog and cat grooming needs. Walk Ins are always welcomed. Open Tuesday - Saturday.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services
A full service grooming salon owned and operated by Donna Spurlin, a highly trained and Nationally Certified Master pet stylist who is committed to making sure your pet receives the best quality service and care possible. Happy human to five dogs (Blue, Jasmine, Aspen, Salem and Chance-Man) Donna has recently won First Place for best groomed dog in the first time competitor category in Atlanta,GA with Aspen, one of her standard poodles. Dog Days Salon is open Mon-Fri and by appointment only.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Livestock Grooming services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, Doggie Day Care, House Sitting, Errand Service, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
A full service salon and pet resort. Our award winning grooming team is overseen by an NDGAA National Certified Master Groomer and cosnsists of some of the most highly skilled pet stylists in the state. Show and pet grooming available. Our Pet Resort accomodations are clean & comfortable. Friendly staff spoil your pet with lots a TLC. Visit our web site for details and Photo Tour.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Daycare Services, Show Grooming Services
DK Pet Salon is a new grooming shop located in Piedmont Alabama near Dollar General Store. We accept all breeds of dogs and cats and offer discounts for multiple pet and regular customers. With 5 years experience as a pet groomer, your pet will receive a professional quality groom and hopefully a desire to come back and see us again!
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Pell City, AL
A full service groomer, including nails and ear cleaning. I also offer boarding for well trained pets in my home. Special shampoos for all types of coat care and skin care. I have ten years experience in grooming all breeds. I work by appointment only, Monday through Friday.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
AL Equine Law
Under Alabama Law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury or death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant to the Equine Activities Liability Protection Act. (Sign posting required.)