Horse Grooming Services Gloucester MA
Pet Massage, Specialty Pet Products, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Behavior Modification, Pet Transportation, Dog Training, Grooming, Doggie Day Care, Overnight Pet Boarding, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
A Clip, A Kiss and a Cuddle. Luxury dog grooming at affordable prices. All natural shampoos. No crate drying. All breeds. Certified Canine Cosmetologist. Animal CPR certified.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Vet Referred
Graduate of the Dapper Dawg School of Proffesional Dog Grooming. I give animals haircuts, trim their nails, demat them, bathe them, express their anal glands (yummi), etc. I've had experience working with dogs, cats, lizards, and turtles. I have learned how to do Animal C.P.R for dogs but thankfully have never needed to use it.
Offers Mobile/House Call Grooming, Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Livestock Grooming services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services
Full service dog & cat grooming salon with pet supplies. 10% OFF is offered to all new clients.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Dogs By Design & Cats Too Is a full service grooming salon & pet boutique.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Specializing from the fanciest poodle styles to the best pet clips for your dog or cat. 10 yrs. exp. starting from the bottom up as a bather, to an apprentice, To being a finish groomer with some awards on my belt. Well believe me, your dog has a wow factor and a comfort factor let him/her be in safe hands while in the care of others. Grooming to AKC standards.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Show Grooming Services
All breed dog/cat grooming in a friendly,caring atmosphere devoted to your pets with hands on attention at all times. A walk-in shower for large & geriatric pets creates a wonderfully calming bathing exp Your pet will receive as much pampered time as needed with lots of hugs & kisses throughout the groom. I promise you a "Pawsitively Purrfect" grooming experience TaylorMade for your pet!
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Daycare Services, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
West Newbury, MA
We love dogs and cats and we have created a patient, caring atmosphere to provide a stress-free experience for your pets. Only pet and earth friendly products are used. Nine out of ten pets surveyed prefer WellSpring Pet Grooming over any other grooming establishment.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
MA Equine Law
Under Massachusetts law, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant to section 2D of chapter 128 of the General Laws. (Sign posting required.)