Horse Grooming Services Houston TX
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, House Sitting, Behavior Modification, Pooper Scooper Service, Dog Training, Errand Service, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Specialty Pet Products, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, Doggie Day Care, House Sitting, Errand Service, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
New location. Dunlavy at Westhiemer. I am very good with animals and have been grooming for many years. I offer full scissor cuts, Baths, Maintenance Grooms. I also manage the coat, and card and hand stripped those breeds that require such work. I love grooming cats also. I am available Tuesday-Saturday from 8:a.m. to 6:p.m. and Monday's by appointment only. Please call by any given Saturday for a Monday's appointment. We also offer Boarding and Daycare Services Thanks, Vanessa
We are highly experienced in dog and cat grooming in our home based enviroment. We offer TLC tranquility and much more. Your pets will be treated as if they were our own. So, don't settle for less get with the best cause at "The Pooch Pad" we're a bark above the rest.
The Pets Play Palace is offers pet daycare, grooming, training, and boarding facility. Our Palace is a healthy and clean environment for your pet. The Pets Play Palace is here to treat and make your furry friend feel like royalty. For all services, please call to schedule an appointment/reservation. M-Sat 7:30am-6:00pm Sunday by appt. only
Specialty Pet Products, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, House Sitting, Errand Service, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
We are a full service Training, retail, and grooming facility. Our groomer specializes in hard to handle dogs i.e. aggressive, geriatric. We do not use any heat dryers and offer all natural shampoos. Grooming is available Tuesday-Saturday and occasionally Sundays and Mondays. We also offer de fleaing, nail grinding, toothbrushing, and while you wait appts (less than 1 hour) Our groomer Sally has 12 years experience and is an all breed groomer.
Spa Dog is a mobile grooming business that services Belliare, West University and Meyerland. We specialize in quality grooming, baths and de-shedding. We use natural products that are good for your pet and environment. The Spa Dog experience is mobile so it is less stressful for your pet and convenient for you.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments
Dina Despi, owner of Glamour Dogs Salon, has been grooming dogs in the Houston, TX area since 1995. We believe that grooming shouldn't be a scary experience for your pets, which is why we calm scared and aggressive animals using gentle techniques and without the use of force. Dina, a former grooming instructor, has more than 18 years of experience and is skilled in a wide variety of cuts and styles for all breeds of dogs.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...