Horse Grooming Services Jacksonville FL
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Errand Service, House Sitting, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Grooming, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
A Dog's Domain Inc is the only pet spa in Jacksonville Florida that offers full service and do it yourself pet washing. Yvonne is the only Nationally Certified Master Groomer in Duval County. Please visit our website for more information.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Show Grooming Services
A full service, all breed, pet grooming salon. We offer skin care and coat treatment to all breeds.Specialize in poodles, Bichons, S. C. Wheaten Terriers, and all the the fluffy "poodle-doodle" mixes. We work by appointment to accomodate the customers needs and convienence, but will accept walk-ins if availiabity exsists. Also offering pick up/ delivery, boarding and Obedience/Behavior Modification training in group or private classes.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments
Orange Park, FL
We are a full service salon staffed by friendly, patient, and caring professionals. We pride ourselves on our ability to get most pets in and out in 4 hours or less. We also offer the pet parents a chance to stay and watch the entire process with their pets (with advanced notice). We are open Tuesday thru Saturday by appointment only. If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please call.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Vet Referred
Laura groomer and owner is a professional certified all breeds dog & cat groomer that graduated from pedigree career institute. Laura has been in business for 18 years providing quality and first class service to your pets. We only use the best products on the market for your pets.here to serve you Monday-Saturday.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services
Atlantic Beach, FL
A full service salon offering pet grooming by qualified professionals. We offer the best pet care in the Beaches, Wonderwood, Arlington and Mayport areas. Military/Senior discounts.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
FL Equine Law
Under Florida law, an equine sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities. (Sign posting required.)