Horse Grooming Services Lake Elsinore CA
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, House Sitting, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Grooming, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Specialty Pet Products, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Alternating Lights/Curtains, House Sitting, Grooming, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Full service professional grooming. All breeds and cats. Family owned and operated. Knowledgable, professional staff. Serving the valley for over 20 years.
The largest pet facility in Southern California. A day spa and hotel for dogs, cats and other critters. Where every pet receives a "Hands-on Approach." 5-Star grooming by a nationally known groomer of top show dogs.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs,Special Care Appointments ,Hand Stripping Services,Cat Grooming Services,Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services,Exotic Animal Grooming Services,Pet Pickup and Delivery,Pet Sitting Services,Pet Daycare Services,Vet Referred,Show Grooming Services
A full service pet boutique offering dog grooming and boarding services by skilled professionals. Your dog will be given first class service, which includes nails and dewclaw trimming, then bathed with the appropriate shampoo for your particular dogs coat followed by a tea tree conditioner. We offer pickup and delivery services of your pet. Open 7 days a week
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, House Sitting, Errand Service, Grooming, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Lake Elsinore, CA
theraputic bathing system,heating and air condtioned.I use only the best products on your pet no harsh chemicals. animals are hand scissored for a beautifull soft finish. grooming with soft calming music and aroma therapy spa treatment, along with a blueberry facial to calm the pet and help get rid of tear and facial stains.we gladly except visa and master card!
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Vet Referred
Professional, full-service dog grooming. Your pet can come home happy and relaxed instead of streesed out! Open Tuesday-Saturday. Appointments usually required a few days in advance. Ears, nails, glands, fluff drying, hand scissoring and patterns. Many of our clients come from more than 20 miles away!
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Professional Pet Stylists with full service salon.We pride ourselves with our customer service and the pampering of your pet. Only one family pet(s) at a time.We take them from begining to end with no down time. Luxurious salon products, nice quiet, peaceful atmosphere where your dog feels right at home. Reasonable prices. Appts only. We treat each dog as if it were our own. Recomendation letters upon request. Pick up and delivery service available.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...