Horse Grooming Services Lexington NC
House Sitting, Grooming, Overnight Pet Boarding, Daily Dog Walks, Doggie Day Care
Pet Sitters International
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Grooming, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Puppy Power Pet Salon is a home-based full service grooming salon for dogs and cats. Located in the Silver Valley area of Lexington, NC, we offer professional grooming-from the basic bath and brush to full service pet clips for all breeds. The salon is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to attend to all your pets grooming needs safely and efficiently. The salon is fully air conditioned and only uses heatless dryers for the comfort of your pet.
Offers Mobile/House Call Grooming, Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Retail Pet Products Available
High Point, NC
Cage free environment, personal exclusive attention, loving hands, salon quality products. All delivered to your doorstep in my fully self contained grooming van, no hookups. One on one attention for your pet from start to finish.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Grooming, Doggie Day Care, Overnight Pet Boarding, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Affordable grooming for your small breed dog. Evening and weekend appointment times are available. I am a full service groomer with 10 years experience. I will work hard to ensure your pet has a pleasant grooming experience and your pet need not stay all day due to scheduled appointment times.
Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery
Stress free groooming for your dog in my home. Small and med breeds up to 40 lbs. Very reasonable rates. Only top quality grooming products are used on your pet. Appointments available Mon-Fri.
Aristocuts Grooming & Training provides full service grooming as well as dog obedience lessons and classes.The staff at this grooming salon places extreme emphasis not just on the quality of its grooming but more importantly the humane care and treatment of all pets. Yolanda Morris is the owner of Aristocuts and has 10 years experience in grooming & is also a Certified Professional Trainer. We are open Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Daycare Services, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
NC Equine Law
Under North Carolina law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting exclusively from the inherent risks of equine activities. Chapter 99E of the North Carolina General Statutes. (Sign posting is required.)