Horse Grooming Services Manchester NH
Pet Massage, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, House Sitting, Pooper Scooper Service, Behavior Modification, Dog Training, Doggie Day Care, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Our shop is a quiet home like enviroment. I use a cageless system unless of course your pet would rather have their own home. I have been grooming for over 13 years and have received many awards for my work. I am experienced in show grooming as well, stop in to say hi! my hours are Tues. thru Sat. by appointment only
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Our Philosophy at Cloud K9 centers around maintaining the health, safety, and comfort of the dogs at all times. We provide timely, thorough, and stylish grooming options. Customers can choose from a breed specific trim or modified trim based on temperment, lifestyle, and frequency of grooming. We believe that regular grooming, and attentive professional care are crucial to maintaining the long term health and comfort of your dog.
All Pet grooming services available at affordable prices in my pet salon. No cages, hand drying, always patient, always kind. No long days, most dogs home in 3 hours.By appt.only
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services
Specialty Pet Products, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Pooper Scooper Service, House Sitting, Doggie Day Care, Behavior Modification, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Dog Training, Grooming, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Pet grooming salon & pet bakery. All breed dog & cat. Friendly doggie daycare atmosphere.Award winning groomers, clean and safe enviornment.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Pet Pickup and Delivery, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Through grooming & dog training study, Kathy began her sole-proprietership business. She grooms dogs under 45 pounds with sensativity toward personality, age, and other special needs. Dogs are groomed in Kathy's home w/pick-up and drop-off service offered.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Pet Pickup and Delivery, Vet Referred
Dogs groomed by appointment only. Small, quiet, studio shop. All Breeds welcome up to 65 lbs. All drying done by hand.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Show Grooming Services
Give your Muddy Paws the SPA treatment. Full Service grooming available including hydro-massage therapy baths, suited skin and coat treatments and professional trims and cuts. Call today for an appointment.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...