Horse Grooming Services Smithtown NY
House Sitting, Behavior Modification, Dog Training, Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Grooming, Overnight Pet Boarding, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Peri has is a certified groomer with over 10 years experience; she is also a Licensed Veterinary Technician. This is a very safe and happy environment for your pet.We provide your pet with quality grooming at an affordable price. We hand-scissor beautiful puppycuts as well as breed-standard cuts for every dog. Professional nail grinding available.Walk-ins are welcome, and we do have evening appointments available. Conveniently located inside Pet Supplies Plus!
Offers Mobile/House Call Grooming, Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery
East Northport, NY
Home Based Grooming so your pet gets the attention and personal care they deserve.Local house call grooming avail, please ask if interested. I have been grooming and teaching grooming for over 20 years. All services included in the lowest prices around. Teeth brushing incl no charge.All grooms take aprox 1 hour !
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services
Huntington Station, NY
We are a family owned and operated grooming shop that carries some retail. Muzzle FREE atmosphere. All groomers and bathers required to take safety course. Clean and friendly atmosphere. Feel free to stop in during business hours Tuesday-Saturday 9-5.
Offers Mobile/House Call Grooming, Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, House Sitting, Pet Transportation, Grooming, Doggie Day Care, Overnight Pet Boarding, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Ruff's Manor Dog Salon is a family owned business with over 30 years experince. All clients are treated as family, and dogs are treated as if they were our own. We can accomodate large breeds as well. Take a look at our web page, and our Facebook page. There are grooming photos, as well as information about our groomers, and coupons. Thank you for chooseing Ruffs Manor for your pets needs.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Livestock Grooming services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Self Serve Dog Wash featuring unique, waist high tubs. You bring the dog, we provide everything else-aprons, brushes, choice of shampoo, conditioner, towels, dryers and even gourmet treats.
Deer Park, NY
A full service grooming salon and boarding kennel we have been serving the Long Island area since 1969. We have five state-of-the-art bathing stations and grooming stations. We offer pickup and delivery services as well. Open Monday- Saturday.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Daycare Services, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...