Horse Grooming Services South Bend IN
South Bend, IN
We are a home based salon located in the University Park Mall area.With 12 years of combined experience in pet service our #1 priority is to give your the pet the best experience possible. By sheduling only by appointment, it allows us to give your pet our undivided attention. Since we schedule by appointment only, we are able to reamin a low volume salon and usually have your beloved pet ready for pick up within 2 hours.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Vet Referred
Our clean,well established, modern,vet referred shop is commited to a friendly, loving atmosphere where our professional groomers have over 50 years of experience in all breeds. We use a high quality Hydrosurge Bathing System on your pet and include nails, ears and anal glands as part of our basic grooming. We have convenient hours Monday thru Saturday and located between South Bend and Elkhart.
Owner/Groomer Amanda Wetzel will give your beloved pet the one-on-one attention he or she deserves! Grooming Services include: Bathing, Fluff Drying, Clip Nails, Clean Ears, and Clip. Many other additional services offered, including Pet Color for special occasions (ie. Weddings, Birthdays, Graduation Parties) Mon-Fri and every other Saturday by appt only.
We offer full grooming services for dogs and cats. nail trims, ear cleanings, baths and brushings. We offer Furminator shedless system for all your loose hair needs. Full boarding services in our luxury suites, or indoor/outdoor runs. quality care at an affordable price. Open mon-sat. flexible grooming schedules available.
South Bend, IN
Here at The Groomin' Corral we treat your pet like family we specialize in hand scissoring, hand stripping, and temperamental animals. We believe any cat or dog can be groomed.
My salon is by appointments only which includes bath dogs and grooming services. Walks in services are for toenail clipping/gringing and ear cleaning/plucking. I charge by breed. If you have any questions please call me.
Come to The Groom Room for quality grooming services. My services are reasonably priced so you can save money while taking care of your pet. Your dog will be pampered in a comfortable, clean environment and be given the special love & attention he or she deserves. Please see my website for before and after pictures.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery
Providing safe and loving grooming services to your dogs and cats by the Owner/Groomer. Special needs pets are given individual care. Daytime, evening and weekend appointments are available. Call to schedule your appointment.
Grooms most/all breeds of Dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog Grooming Services, Livestock Grooming services, Pet Pickup and Delivery
South Bend, IN
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
IN Equine Law
Under Indiana law, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities. (Sign posting required.)