Horse Grooming Services Southbury CT
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Doggie Day Care, House Sitting, Errand Service, Grooming, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Overnight Pet Boarding, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
When I adopted my dog Bandit a boston terrier, my heart expanded and changed my life/career. Graduate of the NY School of Dog Grooming and working as a dog groomer/trainer for 5 years on the Upper West Side of NY half the week and Waterbury, CT the other days. I work with dogs 40 lbs and under. With consideration Ill make your dog adorable.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services, Vet Referred
A full sevice salon with state of the art grooming equipment substantial clientel list and great location. Open Tue-Sat.based on holistic and homeopathic treatments and products. Professional grooming of dogs all breeds. A la carte menu for walk ins available. Great business venture.
Doggie Styles Pet Grooming, full service dog and cat grooming, flexible drop off/pick up hours, family owned and operated,
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Pet Pickup and Delivery
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Errand Service, Alternating Lights/Curtains, House Sitting, Grooming, Overnight Sitting, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Our experienced groomer is extremely knowledgeable and professional. Our full service grooming salon uses only the top of the line soap free shampoos and conditioners. Whether its puppy's first groom or Senior canine day our packages offer something for every little dogs needs. Shop our chic' boutique where you will find high quality fashions at reasonable prices. From diamond jewels to leather bombers there is a fit for your dog. Open Monday Thru Saturday.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Let us pamper your best friend to a relaxing day at the spa! We are a full service grooming salon and offer aromatherapy shampoos, hot oil treatments, deshedding program, pawdicures, teeth brushing & more. Open Tuesday-Saturday, flexible hours.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services
Come visit our state-of-the-art facility for your boarding and grooming needs. Now offering training and therapeutic massage. 6,000 sq. ft., all indoor, climate-controlled kennel with ample natural lighting. Weekdays Monday thru Friday opening at 6:30am thru 6:00pm, Saturdays 7:00am thru 4:00pm, to better serve our clientele. We will also be open on Sundays from 9:00am-11:00am for pickups only.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Full grooming service for dogs & cats. We groom 7 days a week. Please call ahead of time for an apoointment with one of our seasoned groomers.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Livestock Grooming services, Pet Pickup and Delivery
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...