Horse Grooming Services Winston Salem NC
Mail/Newspaper Retrieval, Pet Transportation, Alternating Lights/Curtains, Grooming, Daily Dog Walks
Pet Sitters International
Winston Salem, NC
Ruff Life Grooming is a full service salon with toys, treats, collars, & leashes for your pet. Our goal is to provide your pet with a safe, friendly, comfortable environment to maintain & encourage great hygiene with over 30 years of grooming experience. We are open Monday - Saturday from 8 am - 5pm.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Located in Kernersville, NC- 20 from either Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High point. Boarding Kennel and Pet Care- Groom all breeds. Bathing, Nails- We do not groom Cats. Relaxed non- commercial setting so that your pet is not stressed! Please visit our web site for hours and more info!
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services, Vet Referred, Show Grooming Services
Full service grooming shop. Spa style. All breeds. By appointment only.
All Breed Dog Grooming, Special Care Appointments , Vet Referred
House Sitting, Grooming, Overnight Pet Boarding, Daily Dog Walks, Doggie Day Care
Pet Sitters International
Winston Salem, NC
Award winning hand scissoring and hand stripping. We are open Mon. Wed. Thur. Fri. from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Saturdays from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Email NMGROOMGAL@AOL.COM for grooming pictures!
All Breed Dog Grooming, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Offers Large Dog Grooming Services, Livestock Grooming services, Exotic Animal Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Sitting Services, Pet Daycare Services, Retail Pet Products Available, Vet Referred
Aristocuts Grooming & Training provides full service grooming as well as dog obedience lessons and classes.The staff at this grooming salon places extreme emphasis not just on the quality of its grooming but more importantly the humane care and treatment of all pets. Yolanda Morris is the owner of Aristocuts and has 10 years experience in grooming & is also a Certified Professional Trainer. We are open Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Hand Stripping Services, Cat Grooming Services, Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Pet Pickup and Delivery, Pet Daycare Services, Vet Referred
High Point, NC
Animals Pet Grooming & Boarding offers the BEST care for your companion in a clean, open, and safe environment. All of our staff members are professionally trained and have many years of experience. We groom ALL dog breeds and we are recommended by local veterinarians. Receive 10% off your first visit!
Grooms most/all breeds of dogs, Special Care Appointments , Offers Large Dog (70+ Pounds) Grooming Services, Vet Referred
Pre-Purchase Evaluation Process
2. Evaluate eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, and skin using appropriate tools. Pay particular attention to the joints, feet, and legs of performance horses.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Draw blood for initial blood counts of the horse at rest. Evaluate profile for liver and kidney function, red and white cell count, muscle enzymes, and any other checks the buyer requests.
5. Weigh the horse. Measure the horse. Document markings.
6. Move to the 100-foot, firm-surfaced, covered longing pen. Longe horse in a specific gait sequence for 12 to 15 minutes, or longer if the horse is an endurance prospect. Listen to heart and lungs again. Draw second blood sample to measure red blood cell counts and hemoglobin, comparing the at exercise profile to the at rest profile.
7. Conduct flexion tests on all joints, grading each joint on each limb separately. The horse is trotted from and to the veterinarian after holding the isolated joint for one minute. The veterinarian will note a score of 0 to 5 at five points of the trot cycle, resulting in an ideal (but rare) score of 00000 (a sound horse).
8. Reattach the longe line and send the horse around again for another 10 to 12 minutes in a specific gait sequence to gauge soundness during extended work.
9. If appropriate, saddle or harness the horse and watch a performance sessio...
Take Off the Edge
In the September 2004 Western Horseman print feature "Defensive Care," Indiana equine practitioner Timothy Bartlett, D.V.M., offers advice on preventing lower-leg injuries in performance horses. Two of his tips are to properly condition and warm up your horse.
Longeing is a common technique used to work the fresh off horses and to get horses in shape. What you might not realize, however, is that out-of-control longeing - whether the horse is on or off a line - can cause body misalignments, such as canted shoulders and hips, which strains leg tissues and puts a horse at risk for losing his balance and injuring himself.
In this online bonus, Bartlett explains how to bit up your horse and work him in a controlled manner from the ground. His technique also enhances your handle on a horse when you're ready to ride.
Saddle your horse and bridle him with snaffle bit. Place a rein on each bit ring and tie the reins to the saddle horn at a point they make light contact with your horse's mouth. This encourages him to flex at the poll, round his back and drive off his hindquarters for collected movement.
Next, run a 30-foot lariat through the left bit ring, over your horse's poll and down through the right bit ring, and snap it to itself, as shown in Photos 1 and 2. This configuration enhances your control, plus helps keep your horse balanced as he moves, thereby reducing strains and injury.
Longe your horse in a safe enclosure, such as a corral or round pen, b...
NC Equine Law
Under North Carolina law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting exclusively from the inherent risks of equine activities. Chapter 99E of the North Carolina General Statutes. (Sign posting is required.)